Upcoming Course Dates:
Detailed Class Schedule for the upcoming online teacher training batches.
|Course Dates||Classes||CLASS TIMINGS INDIA STANDARD TIME (IST) = GMT+5:30||Detailed Class Schedule|
|6th October – 5th November 2020
||Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
||3:30 PM to 7 PM
|23rd February 2021 – 25th March 2021
||Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
||3:30 PM to 7 PM
|13th July 2021 – 12th August 2021
||Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
3:30 PM to 7 PM
|30th November 2021 – 30th December 2021
||Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
|| 3:30 PM to 7 PM
Please note theschedule for all the classes are in India Standard Time (IST) = GMT+5:30
About our 100 hours Kids Yoga Teacher Training Online Course - Online Learning Mode
Our Accredited Kids Yoga Teacher Training Online Course (100 hours) is one of the first accredited certification programmes for Kids yoga in Asia. Our Kids Yoga Teacher TrainingCourse offers a solid foundation on yoga instruction and mindful yoga practices designed for children. Participants will learn both the physiology and psychology of children of various age groups. Yoga as a stand-alone activity, or how to incorporate yoga to support and develop other sports in children in a creative and fun way will be covered in this course.
“It takes a big heart to shape little minds”. At International Yoga Academy, students learn to teach kids yoga from the heart. At the end of the programme, participants will be able to confidently teach yoga to children and to design creative yoga classes for children of various age groups.
The course is best suited for:
- Regular yoga practitioners to deepen their yoga knowledge
- Yoga Instructors
- School Teachers
- Physical Education teachers
- Pediatric Psychiatric Nurses
- Anyone with children or interested to work with children
Parents with children who would like to teach mindfulness techniques to your children such as meditation and yoga can consider joining this course.
What is kids yoga?
Starting a yoga practice at a young age creates a healthy life for youngsters. By nature, children’s minds and bodies are flexible, adaptable and easily teachable. So long as yoga is fun, creative and interactive, it’s an activity they’re sure to like. In addition to being a great physical activity, yoga offers an entertaining way for children to learn about the mind and body, and their functions and abilities.
Children also learn to balance their emotions and improve their focus and concentration through yoga. Various studies have shown that children who regularly practice yoga have better health and emotional balance, and are less likely to be afflicted with common health issues such as allergies, asthma, digestive disorders, obesity, ADD and ADHD.
At Andiappan Yoga, parents who enjoy yoga also pave the way for their children to enjoy the activity, making yoga a regular family activity and cultivating a healthy lifestyle. And just as yoga can be tailored according to the needs and capacities of every individual, so can kids’ yoga be designed to match the interests of every individual child – not only ensuring a healthy body and mind, but also some fun and laughter along the way.
Benefits of yoga for kids
- Yoga helps improve strength and flexibility.
- Yoga increases concentration, focus, and attention.
- Kid’s yoga increases self – esteem.
- Yoga decreases anxiety and increases ability to relax.
- The Anatomy of Breathing
- Early & Middle Childhood: An Anatomical & Physiological Study
- Development in Pre-adolescents & Adolescents
- Yoga and its Philosophy
- A History of Yoga’s Development & Research in Children’s Health
- The Human Body: From the View of Chakras, Koshas, Pranas & Vayus
- Ethical Principles of a Children’s Yoga Instructor
- Yoga’s Effects & Healing Benefits for Common Health Ailments & Conditions in Children
- Practicing Yogic Poses, Breathing Techniques, Gestures (Mudra) & Concentration Techniques in a Kids’ Yoga Class
- Yoga Props in a Kids’ Yoga Class
- Modification of Yoga Poses for Different Developmental Stages
- Introducing Concentration Techniques and Meditation & Mindfulness Practices in Kids’ Yoga
- Sequencing & Managing a Kids’ Yoga Class
- Developing Themes for a Kids’ Yoga Class
- Benefits of Yoga as a Complimentary Practice for Sports (such as martial arts, swimming, tennis, football, golf, etc.)
This online course classes will be taught by below listed faculty. Classes are scheduled based on the topics and the availability of the teacher.
Dr. Yogananth Andiappan Ph.D
Yogacharya Vishnu Kumar
Dr. Anjhana Priya (Ayurveda Doctor)
Course Certification and Accreditation
About Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre – Chennai, South India is known throughout the world for its contribution to Yogic Science. Founded by Guruji Dr. Asana Andiappan in 1950, it is meticulously run by Dr. Asana Andiappan and Trust Members, all of whom have over 50 years of experience in Yogasanas and Naturopathy. It is the only yoga college and research centre recognized by the government as well as two universities in India.
Located in Chennai, South India, the centre runs various yoga programmes as well as free awareness camps that are aided and supported by various government and private organisations. It has been collaborating with various medical universities, hospitals and organisations that run research programmes on yoga and its therapeutic benefits. The centre is also home to the widely read Asana International Yoga Journal (www.asanajournal.com) , which has a readership of 200,000 and growing, in India and around the world.
Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre also has accredited franchisee centres in over 30 countries that run yoga programmes, and teacher training courses.
This Kids’ Yoga Teacher Training Course is presented by Anahata Yoga, a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). Yoga Alliance-registered yoga teachers are therefore eligible to enroll in this course for Continuing Education hours through the Yoga Alliance Certification.
Please note: In order to become a certified Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) with Yoga Alliance USA, students must have completed Anahata Yoga’s Kids Yoga Teacher Training and 200hrs Basic Foundation Course. 200 RYT as per the requirement of the Yoga Alliance.
This online course is a collaboration between International Yoga Academy (IYA), Hong Kong and The Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre (AACRC), India. IYA is accredited by various organisations including Vedic Wellness University, Florida, USA, Indian Yoga Federation, New Delhi, India and the Yoga Alliance USA.
IYA is also the exclusive community partner of the Andiappan Yoga Community - a registered NGO that runs yoga programs for financially disadvantaged, various other special groups such as breast cancer patients, stroke patients and pain patients. Graduates of IYA's teacher training courses can volunteer for AYC projects both online and onsite community programs.
The IYA faculty teachers are highly qualified and experienced in the field of yoga teaching and research. Most of the lead teachers are very qualified in the field and hold PhD, Master of Philosophy and Master Degrees in Yogic Science. Some faculties of the courses include experienced and qualified Ayurvedic doctors and Physiotherapists.
All courses run by IYA meet the highest standards in yoga training and teaching. IYA pioneered yoga courses in modular format which enable students to complete these courses as per their schedule and requirement. All our online courses are live stream, interactive and are not pre-recorded. This is to ensure students have the opportunity to interact with the teachers and to learn each subject thoroughly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: There are many yoga schools and yoga ashrams in India. Why should I enrol in Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre? What sets your school apart?
A: Please read our Heritage in our home page link.
Q: Why should I choose Andiappan Yoga school to learn online?
The method of learning has changed over the years from being a thing that is conducted completely in the four walls of a classroom to the dynamic experience that can be enjoyed online. From professionals to students, online learning has become the go-to method of learning new courses, languages, and even full degrees can be earned online now.
This is why our highly qualified Andiappan Yoga tradition teachers with over 15 years of experience in teaching yoga and even more as students of yoga have designed this online course for you.
Our goal in designing this course was to ensure that the students taking this course would experience it as more than just a means to earn another certificate of completion, but rather as a life-changing experience. With the help of our teachers and the feedback received from our past students, we have structured the Teacher Training Course in modules to enhance your learning experience.
The modules are designed to ensure that you understand all the basic poses and integrate them into the more advanced techniques. As long as you have had some experience with yoga practice in the past, you will have no problem learning and understanding the subjects taught in the modules.
All the classes are conducted as live interactive sessions in which students can interact with the instructor and ask questions when something is unclear. To ensure that students are prepared for every class, they are given study notes before every session.
Everything from the Course content, recommended group class hours to the assessment process are all completed online, after which a certificate is awarded following the assignment review.
Q: I have been practicing yoga for only three months. Am I eligible to enroll in your online teacher training courses?
A: Yes you may, with the exception of our Intermediate to Advance Level course where we require students to have had at least 6 months of regular yoga practice. Otherwise, the rest of our teacher training courses are open to students of all levels. These courses offer great foundational knowledge of yoga, particularly yoga philosophy, theories, basic practices, and teaching methods.
Q: Is there a fee I need to pay to confirm my enrollment?
A: Yes, you need to pay a 100% non-refundable deposit to confirm your enrollment. Once the admission is confirmed with payment, cannot be refunded or transferred.
Q: What does my course fee include?
The Online Learning Mode Option course Fee Includes
1) Registration Fee
2) Course Manuals and Notes
3) Recommended online group classes
4) Online Andiappan Yoga Classes
5) Examination and Assessment
Q: How long does it take between the time I apply for a course and the time I can confirm my enrollment?
A: Admissions to our courses begin three months prior to their start dates. Because we admit only limited students per course for efficient learning, slots will get filled up quickly. We recommend that you fill up your application online as soon as we have available courses, and make your payment confirmation as soon as we have confirmed your application, usually within three-five days of your application.
Q: What if I decide to change my course date to another batch; are there any charges?
A: Change of Batch request: Course fee once paid and admission confirmed, if student cannot attend the course he/she enrolled, the student can apply for change of batch with a valid reason and supporting documents . The request must be made before the start of the class. The new batch requested for transfer should fall within six months from the original batch date. The batch transfer can be done only once.
Q: How can you ensure that the students coming out of this online learning are qualified to teach, and is it possible to learn everything online?
A: There is more to becoming a teacher than just learning. You need some qualities to teach yoga regardless of how you have learned. They are:
- Keen interest and open-mindedness
- Regular practice
- Willingness to read extensively
- Desire to teach others to develop one’s self
- The knowledge that learning yoga never stops
Note that while this training gives in-depth knowledge about yoga, learning never truly ends.
Q: How does one prepare for your teacher training courses?
A: You need to confirm your registration at least one month before the course’s start date by paying the course fee in order to secure your slot.
We also recommend that you get a head start on our required reading materials by purchasing the materials through our online store and reading them before you embark on the training. This isn’t a requirement, but doing so will give you an idea of what to expect, preparing you better mentally and physically as you anticipate full immersion in the training.
Q: Can you issue me an admission confirmation letter so I could apply for permission in my work?
A: Once you have confirmed your admission with payment we will issue the payment invoice with the details of the admission to the course.
Q: Is your school accredited by Yoga Alliance USA? Can I apply for a Yoga Alliance Registration upon completion of my course?
A: All our teacher training programs are registered with Yoga Alliance USA, and yes, students may apply for registration upon completion of the course. However, successful course completion requires submitting an assignment, which is scheduled at the end of every training period. Students who qualify are then granted a Course Graduation Certificate, which is registered with Yoga Alliance USA (RYS 200,300 & 500 and ERYT 500), as well as Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre and the International Yoga Academy. Only then, upon receipt of the Certificate, can students register with Yoga Alliance through our assistance.
Q: Am I still eligible to take your training courses although I’m suffering from an injury?
A: Yes, you are. When you fill up our online application form, there is a field where you are asked to mention your injuries and health conditions. Please be accurate and as detailed as possible, so that our faculty may know how to address your injury and teach you the right postural modifications, as well as some yoga therapy techniques. You will also learn how to address and prevent common injuries in yoga practice.
Q: Whom shall I contact for more information?
A: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp our Course Co-ordinator, at +91 6369 780 409 Please send WhatsApp message only and no calls.
Q: Can I change from one mode of learning to another?
A: Yes, you can. The courses with different learning modes have different fees. The difference in fee has to be paid before switching the mode.
If you joined the exclusive online mode , you can change to online + at the venue mode or at the venue mode. However the change in mode has to applied before the start of the classes and cannot be done once the classes have started.
However if you choose to downgrade from any mode there will be no refund of the difference in fees.
Q: Apart from the Teacher Training classes, what other learning support do I have during this training period?
A: Throughout the study of this course, students will be given access to over 200 classes of yoga practice videos focusing on various yoga styles with different levels of difficulty, with various teachers.
There are also references to over 1000 yoga asanas/poses. The library gives access to databases with complete details of every pose. The archive is updated often which ensures our students have access to up to date information.
The library of videos provided with this course serves as an invaluable resource that allows our student to learn on their own time and develop a deeper knowledge of yoga and its practice.
Q: What opportunity does your school provide after the completion of the online course.
- As a YTT graduate, you will be invited to become a volunteer teacher in the Andiappan yoga community (www.yogacommunity.org) to teach, assist, and organise classes both online and at the venue community classes.
- If you have been volunteering for community projects regularly, you will be eligible to apply for a scholarship where we provide up to 50% course fee remission.
- You also have access to training videos on how to teach and sequence for various conditions as per the students limitation in our yoga community volunteer administrative page.
- You will receive a teacher profile page www.iya-asia.com https://iya-asia.com/teacher-directory/ with all your qualifications listed in our school’s website where people can search your profile and contact you for classes in your area.
- You will be entitled for a free PDF subscription of Asana – International Yoga journal where you will get updates on latest news, updates on yoga development and articles written by eminent yoga professionals.
- You can also share your yoga learning, teaching experience by writing yoga articles in the asanajournal.com where it will be shared to the yoga community,
- As a past YTT graduate, you are eligible for a discount in the course fee of other teacher training programs offered by our academy to deepen your yoga journey.
- We make sure our graduates are updated with the latest research and development in yoga with regular newsletters sent.
What Next? How to Confirm the admission to the course?
1. Students interested in enrolling in the Online Teacher Training Certificate Course may do so by filling up the Online Application Form and by accepting the course terms and conditions.
2. Applications will then be assessed by our Programme Directors. Successful applicants will be informed of their admission within two working days of their application.
3. Students can choose to confirm their admission by making secure online payment or send a email to email@example.com or send a whatsapp message to +91 6369 780 409 (no calls, whatsapp message only)
4. Your admission is only confirmed when the course fee is fully paid. If for any unavoidable circumstances if you would like to change to the next available course dates you can do so within 7 days from the course fee payment.
5. We strongly advise students to prepare for the course by reading the suggested reading materials. Students may also begin using their group class sessions as part of their physical, mental, and spiritual warm-up and preparation.
It is recommended that interested students have at least two months of regular yoga practice to better understand the various effects and benefits of yoga practice. Aspiring yoga students with no prior yoga experience may simultaneously enroll in the Kids
This course is conducted in the online learning mode. Details about the online class will be sent to you by email after the confirmation of the admission to the course.