|Course Dates||Class Timings||Class Schedule (HKT=GMT+8)||Detailed Schedule|
|3rd September 2021 - 27th November||Friday & Saturday||
Friday - 6:30 pm - 9.30 pm
Saturday - 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
|21st January 2022 - 25th March 2022||Monday, Wednesday & Friday||
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Anahata Yoga is a premier yoga centre based in the heart of the Central district. It is best known for offering the most authentic yoga experience available in Hong Kong, with classes led by Indian instructors hailing from different lineages devoted to the practice and study of yoga.
As a centre, Anahata Yoga is fully committed to fostering a community of yoga practitioners who are not only equipped with the skills to perform yoga as a daily activity but as well as the knowledge to live out yoga as a lifestyle.
Anahata Yoga's 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate course gives yoga practitioners, enthusiasts, and aspiring instructors the chance to deepen their self-knowledge of yoga philosophy and improve on various aspects of their practice. It is an open-level training programme, suitable for those who have never done yoga before as well as those who have put in years of practice.
Through the course, students gain a better understanding of yoga's origins, history, as well as its philosophy. Students also learn how they may improve on their postures, that they may execute them with accuracy and, later, be able to demonstrate it to others.
We recognize that yoga is a popular pursuit in Hong Kong. People seek it out for its health benefits and often incorporate it into their active lifestyles. However, yoga instruction is not equal among the various yoga centres in Hong Kong. This is where our accredited Teacher Training Courses make all the difference.
Our courses are accredited by, and offered in conjunction with, Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre in India. This is the first time outside of India that such a programme is being offered.
Our classes are designed and taught in the same way as our instructors are taught. Predominantly from India, our instructors are fully learned not only in the practice of their discipline but also in the history and philosophy behind the practice. The resulting combination of grassroots knowledge both practical and theoretical in our programmes give students more in-depth learning that they may able to find elsewhere in Hong Kong.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training courses around the globe. We offer assistance to students interested in applying for a Yoga Alliance Registration after completing a teacher training course.
About Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre - Chennai, South India is known throughout the world for its contribution to Yogic Science. Founded by Guruji Dr. Asana Andiappan in 1950, it is meticulously run by Dr. Asana Andiappan and Trust Members, all of whom have over 50 years of experience in Yogasanas and Naturopathy. It is the only yoga college and research center recognized by the government as well as two universities in India.
Located in Chennai, South India, the center runs various yoga programmes as well as free awareness camps that are aided and supported by various government and private organisations. It has been collaborating with various medical universities, hospitals and organisations that run research programmes on yoga and its therapeutic benefits. The centre is also home to the widely read Asana International Yoga Journal(www.asanajournal.com) , which has a readership of 200,000 and growing, in India and around the world.
Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre also has accredited franchisee centers in over 30 countries that run yoga programmes, and teacher training courses.
|Monday||4.30 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Wednesday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Friday||4:30 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Sunday||3:30 pm – 5:30 pm|
All YTT students can attend up to 30 Andiappan Yoga classes as part of the teacher training learning. There are also exclusive Andiappan Yoga classes conducted for ongoing YTT students where they get to interact with the teachers and ask questions from the syllabus about their practice and improve on their limitations.
This class will equip students with the knowledge to develop a sequence for self-practice which they can do at home or while traveling. The ability to put together a sequence to meet one's goals while taking into consideration one's limitations will be very important when one start to teach.
Please note classes and schedule may change without prior notice.
Busy Hong Kong professionals now have the option of undergoing yoga teacher training at their own pace and in their own schedule. Available for the first time in Hong Kong, Anahata Yoga now applies a modular system to all its yoga teacher training programme. This will allow yoga practitioners with busy schedules to enroll only in one (or more) of the series of classes of their choice - without having to enroll in the teacher training in one go. Students will receive a participation certificate after completing a module. Those who have completed the total number of modules within a two-year period and have successfully completed the practical assessment and assignment may then obtain the 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Certificate, which signifies their completion of the entire course.
To know more about the syllabus and topics, please visit the module page.
25 CLASSES x 3 HOURS = 75 HOURS
|Non-Contact Hours (Practical)||
|Andiappan Yoga Self-Practice Classes (Optional)||30 CLASSES x 2 HOURS = 60 HOURS|
|YTT Group Practice Class||2 CLASSES x 2.5 HOURS = 5 HOURS|
Please read our 10 Reasons to Join Our Teacher Training Course. That aside, there are three main advantages to joining our Teacher Training Courses:
1. We are very particular about our teaching method Our training courses are structured in the same way as those offered in India, and our yoga masters teach the classes in the same manner as they have learned in India. Taking part in our teacher training is therefore akin to taking yoga teacher training in India. In most other teacher training courses, students get a limited yoga education that is highly dependent on their teacher's own training and knowledge. What happens is that there is a simple passage of knowledge from the teacher to the students, instead of a dynamic environment wherein students learn concepts and postures in a manner that they will be able to teach again in their own style. Moreover, the traditional core concepts and principles taught in teacher training are very important in the understanding of yoga philosophy. Such knowledge is impossible to gain simply by reading books. In order to fully grasp the practical and philosophical tenets of yoga, one has to learn it from fully professional, well-trained, and experienced yoga masters who are able to thoroughly explain and demonstrate such concepts and practices.
2. Our courses are integrated and inclusive We cover most types of yoga and lineages in our teaching trainings so that students get a holistic view and understanding of what yoga is, how it was developed over the years, and how it is relevant today. Our courses are designed in such a way that includes as much depth and breadth of yoga history and philosophy as possible and integrates both theoretical and practical aspects of the practice.
3. We continue training and helping our students even after they have completed the programme We make sure our students get teaching opportunities at other centers. In fact, other yoga studios in Hong Kong prefer to hire graduates of our teacher training courses because of their knowledge in various types of yoga, routines, and as well as their ability to develop their own sequences and teaching plans. Moreover, at Anahata Yoga, we hire only teachers who have completed our own Yoga Teacher Training Courses.
This course is not just limited to aspiring yoga teachers; it is open to everyone who is interested in learning about the fascinating history, origin, and philosophy of yoga. And since the 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a basic foundation course, it is certainly suitable for those with no prior training or experience in the practice.
The 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a beginner's course and does not involve intensive yoga practice. We exclude the demonstration of asanas to pregnant women, but otherwise, if you are in your earlier stages of pregnancy (and your due date does not fall within the course duration), then yes, you are welcome to join the course. We have had pregnant women take up and successfully complete the course before.
Assessments are conducted in two parts, theory and practical. For the theory part, you will be given a topic from the syllabus, where you need to write on that topic and submit it online.
For the practical assessments, we will conduct a teaching practice session by forming a group and the course faculty teachers will assess the teaching methods and give you inputs on what you need to do to improve teaching techniques in the long term. Upon successful completion of both, you will receive the Course Graduation Certificate.
We have many TT graduates currently teaching full time and part time in many yoga studios in Hong Kong and other parts of the world. Some of our graduates are successfully running their own yoga studios in many part of the world including;
You can find more references in our teacher directory https://iya-asia.com/teacher-directory/
1. Students interested in enrolling in the Teacher Training Certificate Course may do so by filling up the Online Application Form and by accepting the course terms and conditions.
2. Applications will then be assessed by our Programme Directors. Successful applicants will be informed of their admission within two working days of their application.
3. Students can choose to confirm their admission by making a secure online payment or may call or visit our studio and speak to one of our membership consultants or faculty members for any questions or concerns that they may have about the course.
4. Your admission is only confirmed when the course fee is fully paid. If for any unavoidable circumstances if you would like to change to the next available course dates you can do so within 7 days from the course fee payment.
5. We strongly advise students to prepare for the course by reading the suggested reading materials. Students may also begin using their group class sessions as part of their physical, mental, and spiritual warm-up and preparation.