|Monday||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Wednesday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Friday||4:30 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Sunday||3:30 pm – 5:30 pm|
All YTT students can attend up to 30 Andiappan Yoga classes as part of the teacher training learning. There are also exclusive Andiappan Yoga classes conducted for ongoing YTT students where they get to interact with the teachers and ask questions from the syllabus about their practice and improve on their limitations.
This class will equip students with the knowledge to develop a sequence for self-practice which they can do at home or while traveling. The ability to put together a sequence to meet one's goals while taking into consideration one's limitations will be very important when one start to teach.
Please note classes and schedule may change without prior notice.
Anahata Yoga's Module Programme
Busy Hong Kong professionals now have the option of undergoing yoga teacher training at their own pace and in their own schedule. Available for the first time in Hong Kong, Anahata Yoga now applies a modular system to all its yoga teacher training programme. This will allow yoga practitioners with busy schedules to enroll only in one (or more) of the series of classes of their choice - without having to enroll in the teacher training in one go. Students will receive a participation certificate after completing a module. Those who have completed the total number of modules within a two-year period and have successfully completed the practical assessment and assignment may then obtain the 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Certificate, which signifies their completion of the entire course.
- Yoga Introduction (This Module covers the Study of yoga’s history, origin, philosophy, concentration, meditation and other yogic practices)
- Yogic Anatomy (This Module covers the basic study of various muscles, bones, joints, systems and organs)
- Asana (This Module covers the practice of various poses and understanding its alignment techniques, benefits and modification for beginners to experienced students)
- Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Kriya (This Module covers the practice and benefits of various breathing techniques, gestures, energy locks and its teaching methods)
- Teaching Technique, sequencing (This module covers class theming, teaching methods and assisting techniques)
- Yogic View of Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Types of Yoga
- Practice of Asanas, Mudras, Bandhas, Kriyas, and their Health & Spiritual Benefits
- Practice of Pranayama and its Health & Spiritual Benefits
- Introduction to Dharana and Dhyana, and their Practices
- Lesson Planning, Practice, and Teaching
To know more about the syllabus and topics, please visit the module page.
25 CLASSES x 3 HOURS = 75 HOURS
|Non-Contact Hours (Practical)||
|Andiappan Yoga Self-Practice Classes (Optional)||30 CLASSES x 2 HOURS = 60 HOURS|
|YTT Group Practice Class||2 CLASSES x 2.5 HOURS = 5 HOURS|
Why should I join Anahata Yoga's Teacher Training Course? What is the difference between your training course and the others on offer in the market?
Please read our 10 Reasons to Join Our Teacher Training Course. That aside, there are three main advantages to joining our Teacher Training Courses:
1. We are very particular about our teaching method Our training courses are structured in the same way as those offered in India, and our yoga masters teach the classes in the same manner as they have learned in India. Taking part in our teacher training is therefore akin to taking yoga teacher trainings in India. In most other teacher training courses, students get a limited yoga education that is highly dependent on their teacher's own training and knowledge. What happens is that there is a simple passage of knowledge from the teacher to the students, instead of a dynamic environment wherein students learn concepts and postures in a manner that they will be able to teach again in their own style. Moreover, the traditional core concepts and principles taught in a teacher training are very important in the understanding of yoga philosophy. Such knowledge is impossible to gain simply by reading books. In order to fully grasp the practical and philosophical tenets of yoga, one has to learn it from fully professional, well-trained, and experienced yoga masters who are able to thoroughly explain and demonstrate such concepts and practices.
2. Our courses are integrated and inclusive We cover most types of yoga and lineages in our teaching trainings so that students get a holistic view and understanding of what yoga is, how it was developed over the years, and how it is relevant today. Our courses are designed in such a way that includes as much depth and breadth of yoga history and philosophy as possible, and integrates both theoretical and practical aspects of the practice.
3. We continue training and helping our students even after they have completed the programme We make sure our students get teaching opportunities at other centres. In fact, other yoga studios in Hong Kong prefer to hire graduates of our teacher training courses because of their knowledge in various types of yoga, routines, and as well as their ability to develop their own sequences and teaching plans. Moreover, at Anahata Yoga, we hire only teachers who have completed our own Yoga Teacher Training Courses.
I am a complete beginner in yoga; I've never tried it before. May I still enrol in this course?
This course is not just limited to aspiring yoga teachers; it is open to everyone who is interested in learning about the fascinating history, origin, and philosophy of yoga. And since the 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a basic foundation course, it is certainly suitable for those with no prior training or experience in the practice.
Can I enrol in this course even though I'm pregnant?
The 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a beginner's course and does not involve intensive yoga practice. We exclude the demonstration of asanas to pregnant women, but otherwise, if you are in your earlier stages of pregnancy (and your due date does not fall within the course duration), then yes, you are welcome to join the course. We have had pregnant women take up and successfully complete the course before.
How are the assessments conducted?
Assessments are conducted in two parts, theory and practical. For the theory part, you will be given a topic from the syllabus, where you need to write on that topic and submit it online.
For the practical assessments, we will conduct a teaching practice session by forming a group and the course faculty teachers will assess the teaching methods and give you inputs on what you need to do to improve teaching techniques in the long term. Upon successful completion of both, you will receive the Course Graduation Certificate.
Can you give me some reference for your Teacher Training graduates those who have completed your yoga teacher training course and running their own yoga studios?
We have many TT graduates currently teaching full time and part time in many yoga studios in Hong Kong and other parts of the world. Some of our graduates are successfully running their own yoga studios in many part of the world including;
- Ivy Yip - YogaLaya, Kwai Fong Hong Kong
- Queenie - Studio Q, TST, Hong Kong
- Kosta Miachin - Vikasa Yoga - Thailand
- Mario Corella - Rancho Largo Yoga - Mexico
- Sharon Wong - Yoga Club Association, Hong Kong
- Ellen Yu - Yoga Club Association, Hong Kong
- Hazel – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Chi Chi - Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Teresa Cheung - Yoga Fitness, Hong Kong
- Laura Shore - Green Frog, Hong Kong
- Supatcha Songcharoen - Little Yoga, Bangkok, Thailand
- Tanida Indrawati - Yoga Club Studio, Indonesia
- Elizabeth Rowan, Haven Yoga, USA
- Sylvie Tremblay - Yoga Sangha, Montreal, Canada
- Cindy Chow - Landmark Mandarin Hotel, Hong Kong
- Emilie Mognetti - Aix Yoga Center, France
- Tammy Kwok – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Tanny Tang – Yoga Reborn, Hong Kong
- Chloe Tze, - Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
You can find more references in our teacher directory https://iya-asia.com/teacher-directory/
1. Students interested in enrolling in the Teacher Training Certificate Course may do so by filling up the Online Application Form and by accepting the course terms and conditions.
2. Applications will then be assessed by our Programme Directors. Successful applicants will be informed of their admission within two working days of their application.
3. Students can choose to confirm their admission by making secure online payment or may call or visit our studio and speak to one of our membership consultants or faculty members for any questions or concerns that they may have about the course.
4. Your admission is only confirmed when the course fee is fully paid. If for any unavoidable circumstances if you would like to change to the next available course dates you can do so within 7 days from the course fee payment.
5. We strongly advise students to prepare for the course by reading the suggested reading materials. Students may also begin using their group class sessions as part of their physical, mental, and spiritual warm-up and preparation.